Feedback Strategies

 

(Feedback: Mental Itch)

 Personally, I am not someone that thrives off of getting positive feedback. I do my work my way and do it well so I do not need someone to tell me that it is "good." On the other hand, if my work is not good, I would like to know what I did wrong and be able to fix it. 

Even though I do not personally function off of positive feedback, I am aware that others do. When reading the article "Five Reasons to Stop Saying 'Good Job'" I was intrigued by the fact that Alfie Kohn discourages the use of the phrase "good job." I do agree with many of the points the author made that the phrase is used too much and it is starting to lose its meaning. This article made some good points but I disagreed with the majority of it. I think you should encourage kids because if you fail to do so then they won't believe in themselves. This is not always the case but it is for some children. Alfie Kohn

Another article I found interesting was "Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback" by Marshall Goldsmith. This article really made me think about telling people what they need to do for the future rather than what they have done in the past. I am someone that likes to think ahead of time so I am always planning ahead. This article furthered my knowledge on how to give good feedback to someone and also tell them what to do for future projects or assignments.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 6 story: House of Fire

Week 7 Story