Week 4 Story Laboratory

 I liked how the videos talked about boundless creativity is not always helpful. This is so true and I have already run into this problem many times. I was a director for University Sing which is OU's avenue for people to sing and dance on stage and develop a show. Every year there is a new theme some being more specific than others. The year I was a director, the theme was extremely broad. This made it difficult for us directors to come up with a good show because there was such little guidance into what to write about. When watching some of these videos, that experience was the first thing I thought about. 

Another great video was the video about what makes a hero. This was not as personal as some of the other videos, but it did give me some great advice on how to develop stories about heroes. I found it to be very useful and they made the video interesting and fun to watch. This video also made me think of the hero movies I have seen and really made me realize the plot usually follows the format. I also liked how they used a few movies as an example and also used us as an example of heroes. Us everyday people can be heroes and we can write our own story. 

Link for all 8 videos:  creative writing and style



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 6 story: House of Fire

Week 7 Story